Hand in!

My final major project, ‘Favela’, is done! It’s been a long and tiring journey but I’ve enjoyed it so much, and I can’t wait to see what is in store for me in the near future.

After having some well earned rest, my plan is to continue creating designs that excite and encourage me to fulfil my true potential as a Printed Textile Designer.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Final collection coming together

I photographed some of my final designs today for portfolio use. I used my course mates flat because the Uni was closed (bank holiday), but it actually worked out okay! Thanks Alex! >click here to see her website!<

I’ll be handing in my final collection in about a weeks time… watch this space!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Digital prints

I’ve been combining my big paintings with some of the graphic shapes and text from my paintings of bits of rubbish. These designs work best on silks, and are shown here being digitally printed onto silk satin. Two of them didn’t work out however, as I accidentally back stained them in the washing process… Luckily I managed to save them though by dip dyeing them later on in the day which actually worked out better then I thought!

These designs have also been selected for the photo shoot next Wednesday with photographer Fabrice Lachant who has worked with Vogue, ID and many other high profile clients.

I am super excited about this.

Watch this space!

Photo Shoot

Today I went to the photography studio and photographed some of my work on a mannequin. This was a real eye opener for me as I had to adjust and manipulate my fabrics to fit the figure. Some of my designs work better then others, take a look for yourself!

>>Click here to view a short video clip of today’s action<<

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

New direction

I’ve decided on a new direction with my paintings. The idea is to place them into shapes contained within my cans and other bits of rubbish featured on my prints. It will be a much more graphic approach to tie both ideas together as currently it feels as if I have two projects on the go. Prints will feature large simple abstract shapes that will contain my paintings.

Image source: My designs have been placed on a model used in a collection by Marni

Paper to fabric

It has been a bit of a struggle trying to get my paintings onto silk, particularly because the reactive dye printer keeps packing up. However, today I’ve managed to get a few samples done (A3 size) to get an idea of scale. I’m really looking forward to getting these blown up to A1 or bigger. Stay tuned!

>>Watch my paintings being printed here!<<

silk-satin

A sample of one of my paintings onto Silk Satin