I’ve decided on a new direction with my paintings. The idea is to place them into shapes contained within my cans and other bits of rubbish featured on my prints. It will be a much more graphic approach to tie both ideas together as currently it feels as if I have two projects on the go. Prints will feature large simple abstract shapes that will contain my paintings.
Image source: My designs have been placed on a model used in a collection by Marni
It has been a bit of a struggle trying to get my paintings onto silk, particularly because the reactive dye printer keeps packing up. However, today I’ve managed to get a few samples done (A3 size) to get an idea of scale. I’m really looking forward to getting these blown up to A1 or bigger. Stay tuned!
>>Watch my paintings being printed here!<<
A sample of one of my paintings onto Silk Satin
I took some photographs today of bits of rubbish to inspire my current project ‘Favela’. I’ll be using these to create some conversational prints soon. Watch this space!
Using elements from the Lino prints I did last week, I’ve been able to create some abstract designs. The bright and colourful aspects to these prints mimic recent conversational prints.