My final major project, ‘Favela’, is done! It’s been a long and tiring journey but I’ve enjoyed it so much, and I can’t wait to see what is in store for me in the near future.
After having some well earned rest, my plan is to continue creating designs that excite and encourage me to fulfil my true potential as a Printed Textile Designer.
Today I went to the photography studio and photographed some of my work on a mannequin. This was a real eye opener for me as I had to adjust and manipulate my fabrics to fit the figure. Some of my designs work better then others, take a look for yourself!
>>Click here to view a short video clip of today’s action<<
I’ve been using Illustrator and Photoshop to develop some of my paintings of bits of rubbish and recycled items used in slums. They are now much more graphic and iconic. I’m excited to see what these prints will look like once they have been enlarged to A0 size or larger.
It has been a bit of a struggle trying to get my paintings onto silk, particularly because the reactive dye printer keeps packing up. However, today I’ve managed to get a few samples done (A3 size) to get an idea of scale. I’m really looking forward to getting these blown up to A1 or bigger. Stay tuned!
>>Watch my paintings being printed here!<<
A sample of one of my paintings onto Silk Satin
I’ve got a new obsession: cross dyeing devore. I’ve been trying so many different colour combinations with silk/viscose fabric. It’s been a bit of a challenge as some dyes don’t work, but some have worked amazingly! I’ll be making my favourites into samples next week so stay tuned!
Some samples of cross dyeing devore