Recently, I was chosen to showcase my most recent collection ‘Favela’ at New Designers 2017 in London at the Business Design Centre. This was an amazing opportunity that enabled me to showcase my work to textile and fashion industries and gain lots of inspiration from other talented designers. I’m looking forward to what could be in store for me in the future.
I am also very happy to announce that I will be graduating with a First Class Honours in Textile Design!
My final major project, ‘Favela’, is done! It’s been a long and tiring journey but I’ve enjoyed it so much, and I can’t wait to see what is in store for me in the near future.
After having some well earned rest, my plan is to continue creating designs that excite and encourage me to fulfil my true potential as a Printed Textile Designer.
I photographed some of my final designs today for portfolio use. I used my course mates flat because the Uni was closed (bank holiday), but it actually worked out okay! Thanks Alex! >click here to see her website!<
I’ll be handing in my final collection in about a weeks time… watch this space!
I’ve been combining my big paintings with some of the graphic shapes and text from my paintings of bits of rubbish. These designs work best on silks, and are shown here being digitally printed onto silk satin. Two of them didn’t work out however, as I accidentally back stained them in the washing process… Luckily I managed to save them though by dip dyeing them later on in the day which actually worked out better then I thought!
These designs have also been selected for the photo shoot next Wednesday with photographer Fabrice Lachant who has worked with Vogue, ID and many other high profile clients.
I am super excited about this.
Watch this space!
Today I went to the photography studio and photographed some of my work on a mannequin. This was a real eye opener for me as I had to adjust and manipulate my fabrics to fit the figure. Some of my designs work better then others, take a look for yourself!
>>Click here to view a short video clip of today’s action<<
I’ve been working on a few very large paintings recently, sticking to block colour. I’m not sure if I’ll be using these in my final collection but they tie in better with my graphic imagery.
It has been a bit of a struggle trying to get my paintings onto silk, particularly because the reactive dye printer keeps packing up. However, today I’ve managed to get a few samples done (A3 size) to get an idea of scale. I’m really looking forward to getting these blown up to A1 or bigger. Stay tuned!
>>Watch my paintings being printed here!<<
A sample of one of my paintings onto Silk Satin
I’ve got a new obsession: cross dyeing devore. I’ve been trying so many different colour combinations with silk/viscose fabric. It’s been a bit of a challenge as some dyes don’t work, but some have worked amazingly! I’ll be making my favourites into samples next week so stay tuned!
Some samples of cross dyeing devore