I’ve got some of my paintings and print designs for sale! You can purchase individual prints by contacting me (please go to the ‘contact’ tab at the top of the page).
My work is available on homeware products as well as accessories. See some examples of my paintings on cushion covers below…
Additionally, if you would like to purchase an original painting, please contact me via the ‘contact’ link at the top of this page. Most paintings are A1 size.
Recently, I was chosen to showcase my most recent collection ‘Favela’ at New Designers 2017 in London at the Business Design Centre. This was an amazing opportunity that enabled me to showcase my work to textile and fashion industries and gain lots of inspiration from other talented designers. I’m looking forward to what could be in store for me in the future.
I am also very happy to announce that I will be graduating with a First Class Honours in Textile Design!
My final major project, ‘Favela’, is done! It’s been a long and tiring journey but I’ve enjoyed it so much, and I can’t wait to see what is in store for me in the near future.
After having some well earned rest, my plan is to continue creating designs that excite and encourage me to fulfil my true potential as a Printed Textile Designer.
I photographed some of my final designs today for portfolio use. I used my course mates flat because the Uni was closed (bank holiday), but it actually worked out okay! Thanks Alex! >click here to see her website!<
I’ll be handing in my final collection in about a weeks time… watch this space!
I’ve been using Mapper today to create some visualisations. It’s exciting to see what my designs would look like if I made them into garments. My collection mainly features baggy t-shirts and light shirts.
I’ve been combining my big paintings with some of the graphic shapes and text from my paintings of bits of rubbish. These designs work best on silks, and are shown here being digitally printed onto silk satin. Two of them didn’t work out however, as I accidentally back stained them in the washing process… Luckily I managed to save them though by dip dyeing them later on in the day which actually worked out better then I thought!
These designs have also been selected for the photo shoot next Wednesday with photographer Fabrice Lachant who has worked with Vogue, ID and many other high profile clients.
I am super excited about this.
Watch this space!
Today I went to the photography studio and photographed some of my work on a mannequin. This was a real eye opener for me as I had to adjust and manipulate my fabrics to fit the figure. Some of my designs work better then others, take a look for yourself!
>>Click here to view a short video clip of today’s action<<
I’ve been using Illustrator and Photoshop to develop some of my paintings of bits of rubbish and recycled items used in slums. They are now much more graphic and iconic. I’m excited to see what these prints will look like once they have been enlarged to A0 size or larger.
It has been a bit of a struggle trying to get my paintings onto silk, particularly because the reactive dye printer keeps packing up. However, today I’ve managed to get a few samples done (A3 size) to get an idea of scale. I’m really looking forward to getting these blown up to A1 or bigger. Stay tuned!
>>Watch my paintings being printed here!<<
A sample of one of my paintings onto Silk Satin