It has been a bit of a struggle trying to get my paintings onto silk, particularly because the reactive dye printer keeps packing up. However, today I’ve managed to get a few samples done (A3 size) to get an idea of scale. I’m really looking forward to getting these blown up to A1 or bigger. Stay tuned!
I took some photographs today of bits of rubbish to inspire my current project ‘Favela’. I’ll be using these to create some conversational prints soon. Watch this space!
I’ve recently been making conversational prints from objects used in slums. Looking in particular at slums in Nairobi. Prints feature tins used as money boxes, trolley’s selling sausages and eggs and insect killer cans used as lanterns.